Thursday 8 October 2009

The Future

Today field changes came out for Officers of The Salvation Army. This is where appointments can be changed and the unseen future for the coming year becomes clearer, well apart from the second year Cadets, they still don't know, but much speculation is happening :)

There was some talk even of the first year Cadet's placement for next year at the end of tea. I had some ideas in my head that I'd love to experience during this time, while still in training and was hoping to have some say in it, but it appears that is not the case this time round.

Very frustrated, I decided to run it out and sprinted around the Zoo at the back of the College and came back and had a long(ish) shower. As I was getting out, my ipod changed to the song that I haven't heard for a while now - "I'm in His hands" [Phil Laeger version] - God makes me laugh hard sometimes!!

After a day of letting a few things get the better of me, God gave me a good wake up slap and reminded me gently; what am I worried about.. I'm in His hands!!!! I trust God with my future, sometimes I struggle with this, but after tonight, I'm still feeling slightly unsettled, but I have His assurance going into tomorrow that He'll be with me and walking beside me all the way.

"I"m in His hands, I'm in His hands
Whate'ver the future holds, I'm in His hands
The days I cannot see, have all been planned for me
His way is best you see, I'm in His hands"

Words by Stanley E. Ditmer

3 comments:

Ben Clapton said...

I had a moment like this a little while ago. I'm on the board for a 3 day religious retreat for young adults, and my name had been mentioned for the director for the next retreat. I had been kinda scared of it, as I felt I needed more time, but went into the meeting feeling that if asked, God would provide and I'd be given the skills needed.
The time in the meeting came, and my name was mentioned, but passed over.
On my way home, while thinking about everything, wondering whether I should have said something, I clicked into a song on my cd player with the words "wait for me" - a gentle reminder to wait for God.
Who knows if I'll be director for this retreat, or next, or at all, we're still waiting for a response. But I know this - when I trust in God, all will be well.

Mel Sullivan said...

What a timely reminder for during these weeks of assignments and exams! Thanks for sharing, it was very encouraging. :)

Anonymous said...

Jeremiah 29:11.....I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for....

The Message.

His plans are far better than anything in your wildest imagination that you may have for yourself. Be open to where ever they want to send you. Salvo Authority may seem to get it wrong sometimes but God never gets it wrong. Be open to where ever they send you my friend. God knows the right space for your piece (you) in His wonderful jigsaw puzzle. Be blessed!