Sunday 1 April 2007

Trials and Easter

Hi all,

I was remided of the Salvation Army's fourth doctrine where it states that we believe that Jesus is both God and human natures combined and as we approach our Easter season we can only imagine how our Master would have felt in the garden of Gethsemane knowing what was about to come.

Being human, and knowing pain and dessertion, which is actually worse?? I think being desserted by all his closest friends would have hurt more than the actual crucifiction - not that I've been crucified lately to compare!

On Thursday my Grandfather is going in to have a cancerous kidney removed and just at lunchtime he said to me 'You can take my place if you want' which remided me of Jesus in the garden, which also occured this Thursday in the Easter events. If Grandpa could give it up he would, but Jesus having walked in our 'sandles' - having experienced being human knows exactly the fear that we go through in situations like this.

I'm just so glad that our God loves us so much he sent His only Son to not just judge us from His mighty Throne, but actually come down and walk with us and mingle with His creation. In doing this He showed that He actually understands situations we face so we can't say to Him 'You don't understand' or anything similar 'cos He does! Our God knows what we're going through more than we even do!

Easter is an amazingly powerful time in the Christian callendar - He showed He was Lord of all and King of kings and He has power over live and death!

Praise You Jesus, thank you for revealing yourself to me, and for taking my sin upon yourself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice blog mate!
ive prayed ur grandad will pull through and be healed!
easter camp is gonna rock... actually God is gonna rock!

James