Monday 31 March 2008

Listening Servant

I was reading an article today entitled "Listening Servant" by B. Patterson and it had a few interesting things that I'd like to share with you

The first was;

The opposite of love is not hate, but apathy- being uninvolved, detached, unrelated. (Did anyone else feel that in our services this weekend - or was it just us who attended the MCD Easter Camp last weekend where we saw God's Glory... be gone Satan!)

The second;

I won't hear from God unless I am first willing to ace on what I've already heard. God hides himself from those who refuse to obey, so that "they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!" (Mark 4:12)

Another was;

Jesus said, "Ask whatever you wish and it will be given you". The condition for that kind of answered prayer is in the line that precedes it: "If you remain in me and my words remain in you" (John 15:7)

Hopefully that has given you a bit of a challenge today

Answered prayer comes from His living in us and our living in Him.

No comments: