Saturday 15 March 2008

Salvation - more than you think!

On Sunday 16th of March at 6pm there is an enrolment of a Senior Soldier at Macleod Salvation Army Corps in Melbourne of 18 year old girl. If you're around, feel free to drop in.

I just stopped to think back to the time I joined the fight with the Salvation Army. I had grown up in the Salvation Army so it was the natural next thing to do - but that's not what it was about for me, I remember saying in my testimony - "I WANT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THIS WORLD"!

Once my life is over, I don't necessarily want to be remembered, but I want to have left the world better than when I entered into it. By declaring that I'm in the fight by becoming a Soldier put me in a position where I could do that. How you might say?

The Salvation Army was raised by the hand of God to hit the world like a meteor and leave a crater - make an impact. That is in the form of hitting peoples hearts by the lead of the Holy Spirit so they will see that they can live a life of freedom in Jesus and hence live an eternally beautiful life in the Kingdom of Heaven.

It goes deeper than that, that's just the tip of the iceberg. You might think that once we have received Jesus' salvation that's all we need - really? Your not living much of a life then are you!!

Once we receive this salvation, and are baptised into the Holy Spirit we take on the great commission, step into a role that changes the world, a role that can set the captive free - physically but also spiritually, heal the sick, breathe life into dry bones by bringing words of life or prophecy into someones life that may be dry or without hope.

We can approach and fight injustice, people are all loved by God the same, how can one person suffer while another sits in a lovely million dollar house and get served by a servant, even a child getting bullied in a school yard by a group of other kids, that must break that kids spirit and it doesn't just stop there, the parents by their natural protective spirit must break their hearts.

We can stop sinning and live a sanctified life - believe it? Don't believe you can experience living a life just as you would in Heaven while still on Earth? Move further into the Spirit.

This could become a very long entry, so I'll stop here - you get the picture.

Heart to God, hand to man. We need to make a difference, stop worrying about yourself, there are people that you can lift up and encourage today, maybe even give them the gift of salvation!

"My righteousness draws near speedily, my salvation is on the way, and my arm will bring justice to the nations. The islands will look to me and wait in hope for my arm."
Isaiah 51:5

No comments: