Wednesday 29 October 2008

Healing Part 2

So we've had a good discussion on the previous post.

Recently I heard someone preach about how great it was that Jesus gave sight to the blind, made the lame to walk, etc, etc, BUT they're all dead now - what use was the miracles??

As discussed below, it's more about what goes with the miracles, not the actual miracle themselves. The best sort of healing ministry I've been a part of is the emotional healing - that is the stuff that I live for. There have been a few people that God has brought healing to in this way recently in my life- these are amazing stories - the deepest, most personal and the most powerful.

So, if there's nothing that will change in the persons life for the better with the miracle, then I'm sure God will not allow it to happen, it will just be a clanging sound - it happens, people hear it but that's it. There has to be some deep change behind the miracle - I thought about the story of the lepers that Jesus cleansed - only one came back to thank Jesus - he experienced a change in his life - what do you think it was??

I think in my previous comments I explained myself badly - faith has a large part in healing, for example in Matthew 9:29 it says;

Then he touched their eyes and said, "According to your faith will it be done to you";

and also in Matthew 15:28;

Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.
and so on.

It's not the miracles we should focus on, but the power of God and the change He makes in our lives.

More for you to think about - Your thoughts?

No comments: