Monday 5 January 2009

Change

Wow, 2009 has finally arrived!

So much is changing and I think I'm just not thinking about it all yet, so I'm coping.

This is my final week of work, my last day is on Friday before I move straight into this Salvation Army week called 'Insane' where youth from all over our Territory come to Melbourne for a week of activities and fun. I still have no idea what's going on, haven't heard a thing even though I've registered as a leader!! Wonder if I am?!

Packing is still a project that I'm thinking of but not doing a lot of!

I finished up at my home Corps last Sunday and had the best farewell ever, with many friends attending, nice words said and a few favourite songs requested. Everyone back for a bbq and a great game of cricket in the local park.

So, in summary, I've left my church which I've been a part of and built up for 27 years, packing to move out of home after 27 years in the same place with my family which I am very close to, quit my job which I really enjoy after working there for a bit over 4 years, going back to study all in the same building as where I'll be living and I get claustrophobic sometimes, living in a close community with a whole heap of different people with different aspects on things and backgrounds who are all leaders in their own rights and have generally strong personalities. I think I'm actually looking forward to this even though I haven't really got myself to think about it yet

I'm an Ambassador of Holiness, that's a higher calling than worrying about moving location, or the conditions of living, or income, or work, people etc. God is sovereign and always will be.

Come on world, you're yet to find the truth if you're not a disciple of Jesus!

I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me
John 13:20

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Careful you don't fail your first test: not being told what is happening for Insane, means you find out. Don't you think leaders should demonstrate leadership?

Try not to wear your generational milieu "culture of entitlement" too loudly. It's bad for business.

Unknown said...

Simon:

Praying for you in these days of transition. Remember:" God is faithful..He will do it." Blessings on both your physical and spiritual journey - I am excited for what God holds in store as you walk together!

Major Faye Strickland

Anonymous said...

God bless you Simon! I remember the day your grandmother asked me at Home League if she could bring her family to worship together at Glenroy Corps. Your mother was a little girl then! I know your grandmother would have been delighted to know that you are entering the Training College.

Simon Mapleback said...

Thanks David, with all that's happening atm, I haven't taken responsibility - thanks for that.

Major Strickland, thank you for your encouragement. I miss having you guys here, was such a blessing meeting you both. Bless ya

Anon, can I ask your name, Mum thinks she could guess who you are but wasn't totally sure..

Anonymous said...

In my first year out of College (1961) I was the officer at Glenroy. I am now retired. My name then was Dorothy Rusher and it is now Reynolds. Ihave met up with your mum a few times. You have a great adventure ahead of you!