Wednesday 14 March 2007

Restore our sense of wonder!

VERSE: Restore us, O God Almighty; make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved.
Psalm 80:7
THOUGHT: This passage makes me want to cry out to God: "Please restore us God! Restore us, your people, O God, who have lost their sense of wonder! Restore our old withered hearts to their innocence. Restore our lives to their unsoiled perfection and intention. Restore us to yourself, O God Almighty!" While not every Christian has lost his or her sense of wonder and while not every one of us has an old withered heart, we all need God's presence to shine upon us and renew us!
PRAYER: O God, the maker of new things, sometimes I feel so old and worn; my soul is weary from the fight. I need your presence and strength to restore me. Please restore me to your side and make your grace alive in me. Please restore me to your love and share it with others through me. Please restore me to your righteousness soothers can see your character in me. Please restore me, and not just me, please restore all those who call on your mighty name so that the world may see you in us and come to know your saving grace.
In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the confirmation!

This Sunday we are looking at the Transfiguration - and that's exactly what God has been laying on my heart - a desire to 'restore the sense of wonder' - to have people stand in awe of God!

Blessings!