Tuesday 1 January 2008

Are we running out of time?

I've been reading this amazing book entitled "23 minutes in Hell" where this guys has found himself in the flesh in Hell.

His experience and detail of Hell was amazingly horrid, but it made me think of the total opposite, about Heaven and it's going to be one amazingly beautiful place!! But I'm not here to blog about Hell today - I want to share with you about what Jesus said....

This guy only spent a short time in that place for Satan and his angels and was rescued by Jesus. I'll share with you some of the dialogue that this guy Bill Wiese had with Jesus, take note...

"My next thought was, 'why did you send me to this awful place?'.

Before I could ask the question, He answered. 'Because many people do not believe that hell truly exists' He told me. 'Even some of My own people do not believe that hell is real.' I was amazed to hear that some Christians do not believe that hell is real. I know many people think that when you die you are annihilated, or some that hell is just a state of mind. That surprises me, because the Bible informs us so thoroughly on the subject. It does not teach that you are simply annihilated. The teachings are very clear that hell is a place of eternal torment. " p33

I find it amazing that Jesus Himself said this! His own people, don't believe in Hell!! If they were His own people, then they would follow His teachings, wouldn't they?

It continues a bit later...

"Finally He said, 'Tell them I am coming very, very soon'. In my spirit I felt an urgency to warn as many people as possible, as time is running out. He sternly said it again: 'TELL THEM I AM COMING VERY, VERY SOON!' Repeating Himself tells me His coming truly is getting very, very close. Time is running out. We must get the truth out to people so they can know that there is a choice to make. Without Jesus as your Saviour, you will not be going to Heaven, and that is absolutely certain." p37-38

Well! What to say after that.

Make a new years resolution to tell as many people about Jesus and His freedom every day!

If you get a chance to read this book by Bill Weise, just to get a glimpse of what could await you if you don't know Jesus as your Saviour, you'll want to know Him!!

We have immortal souls that will live forever in one of two places, choose today where you spend eternity.

"Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 14:6

1 comment:

Darren Lamotte said...

Simon, Once again your last couple of posts are Awesome ! I just want to assure you of my prayers as you head to Rwanda, may you feel the strengthening presence of The Holy Spirit with you as you minister to the locals. I really pray that this trip will be all you want it to be but more importantly all that God wants it to be.
God Bless Mate
Darren