Thursday 27 December 2007

A call to Officership

I don't think I have long left to live!

Let me explain;

I was thinking yesterday about Officership and how we need to deny ourselves and follow Jesus. We need to die to ourselves and let Jesus live through us.

I've been getting tired of living in this world, not giving up everything in my life to Jesus. I go to work, have to answer to my earthly boss, do earthly things and I feel trapped, but worse, I feel like Jesus is in handcuffs in my life.

Yesterday I was seeing things ideally again, and I saw everyone who enters into Officership is no longer themselves, but a Jesus clone. Once we enter College, we start dying and Jesus starts living and by the time we leave college (if not earlier) Jesus is all that exists. Ideally this should happen for every Soldier of the Salvation Army - but is essential for full time ministry - ie, Officership.

The song "it's no longer I that liveth, but Christ that liveth in me" won't leave my head!

Then last night, my devotional that I read spelt it out so well what I had been thinking all day, so I'll include it since it says it better than I could....

With the clothing upon of the Spirit, human depravity is covered, and everything that contrary to the mind of God is destroyed. God must have bodies for Himself, perfectly prepared by the Holy Spirit, for the day of the Lord. "For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from Heaven" (2 Corinth 5:2)

The Spirit has to breathe into us a new occupancy, a new order. The Holy Spirit came to give the vision of a life in which Jesus is perfected. It is Christ "who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace" (2 Tim. 1:9)

We who are saved have been called with a holy calling, called to be saints - to be pure, holy, and Godlike; to be sons with power. It is a long time now since it was settled and death was abolished. Death has no more power. This was made know through the Gospel, which brought in immortality. Mortality is a hindrance. Sin has no more dominion over you. You reign in Christ, and you make rightful use of His finished work. Don't grown and travail for a week.

"Awake, you who sleep" (Eph 5:14); put on light, and open your eyes. "If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God" (Col 3:1).

Stir yourselves up!! Where are you? I am risen with Christ, planted in Him. It was a beautiful planting. I am seated with Him. God gives me the credit, and I believe Him. Why should I doubt?

Dare to believe until the life of Jesus is implanted within your soul. "The righteous will hold to his way" (Job 17:9). God has reserved him who is godly for Himself (Ps. 4:3). Therefore, lift up your heads.

(Smith Wigglesworth)

Are you unhappy with the dull, boring, incomplete, morbid life that you are living? Jesus has called you to more - believe it - He wants you holy and sanctified - He wants you to be a vessel wholly available for His perfect purpose for your life - invite Him in and give Him your all!

What are you doing with your life, with the talents He has given to you??

Have you said 'yes' to Officership -if 'no' WHY NOT????? Give into the wrestling that you're doing with God in your soul, just let it go.

Pray about it now - seriously - "give up your SMALL ambitions for your own life and come change the world"!!!! Mark 8:34-35

No comments: