Sunday 20 May 2007

Now or later?!

Have you ever experienced yourself saying things like "it's ok, I'll study harder next year" or "I'd be able to be so much better if I just had the next model up!" or even "I'll be able to play so much better with that new guitar!!".

Just to let you know, that last one is a real example that I've experienced and occasionally keep believing will be true - but I find it doesn't actually make be play better but makes me feel better about myself only for a short time.

We're so much like this in so many aspects of our life we keep wanting to be something else, to be somewhere else and don't realise God has given us everything we need here and now! I was thinking the other day, I'm still so not ready for full time ministry or even not up to the challenge of where I am now, but God reminded me of the examples in the top paragraph. Whether I'm an Officer of the Salvation Army or even a Soldier, God has 'ordained' me, or place a blessing on my life NOW to do the things he has asked of me NOW. Status or age doesn't really matter. Things wont be different in the future - my personality is my personality, I won't be anymore motivated next year to what I am now.

I'm going to have the same confidence if I have red epaulets or blue ones!! Be bold and courageous, God is with us and if He has asked us to do something or placed us in a certain ministry - do it with all your heart and all your strength! Don't be weak, afraid or half hearted - you're building up the Kingdom of God and He is depending on you to do a good job - He wouldn't entrust you with it if He didn't think you could do it!

Put on the armour and storm the forts with all you have - with all that God has given you for the task already!! Go with God and all His blessing and also know there are Angels all around guiding your footsteps also.

I will give you every place where you set your foot as I promised Moses...Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their forefathers to give them
Joshua 1:3,6
see also for godincidence/interest sake - http://tcspeak.blogspot.com/2007/05/every-soldier-needed.html

3 comments:

Brian's Blog said...

Hi Simon,

There is a saying,'Where ever I go, there I am'

So I guess the God annointed, personnal self, is pretty OK.

Anonymous said...

I like the way you put that, I agree with it too, lol, yeah where I am God will use me, I like it, hehe

living4today said...

great blog
i definitely agree.
there have been loads of times when i haven't felt confident enough to do what i know God wants of me, but i know that if God has a will for your life there is NOTHING that can stand in the way of that, so just have faith and you'll get there!

cya, alana