Wednesday 30 May 2007

To the ends of the earth

If God called you to go to the other side of the world to make people aware of Him and His love for them, and to help establish the church in Jesus Name would you go?

How about if you knew it wouldn't be easy - how bout if you knew it would lead to suffering or even death?

For quite a while now, God has told me I will be going to Africa to be His witness and to encourage His servants there and help build up His body there. I have been waiting for the right time for the right project to come around - and now might be that time. A project has come up where initially I thought maybe not, but now it feels like the lights are showing a green 'go' sign.

For some strange reason I'm feeling a little nervous, maybe for the unknown and I know it won't be easy, and I hope it isn't, for looking in Acts if we're doing the right thing, the path will be full of troubles and persecution.

My strongest Spiritual gift - discernment, isn't giving me anything on this for some strange reason, so I suppose I'm actually asking for you to be praying for clarity for me on this issue. The applications close within a couple of weeks so I need to make a decision really quickly and get all the forms in. Thanks for your assistance!

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witness in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth"
Acts 1:8

Bring it on in Jesus Name!!!

5 comments:

Shauny Boy said...

Hey mate,

Ill pray for you and ill let you know of anything God shows me. Mate the rewards for our service is a lot more valuable than the life we lead here. Jesus was killed for us... shouldn’t we be prepared to die for him? I mean I struggle with that too. Easy to say but hard to do.

Bless you mate!

Brian's Blog said...

2 Cor. 5:20
We're Christ's representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to drop their differences and enter into God's work of making things right between them. We're speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; he's already a friend with you.

living4today said...

that's awesome and i will definitely be praying for you! as you said the way to Jesus is often full of persecution. if God wants you there then he's going to give you everything you need to get there! so don't worry, have faith and REJOICE!
all the best, alana

Anonymous said...

How did you go mate - did you decide to follow through?
I have found that the people who are impacted the most when they go on Missions are the people who go - God certainlys uses us to impact a community - but the most impacted at the ones who go because we have stepped out and allowed God to take us to a totally different level - it's exciting stuff to see the fruit in people's lives once they have taken that step of faith!
Look forward to chatting soon.
Paul M!

Simon Mapleback said...

Yeah, I put my application in, now I'm just waiting for a response to whether they want me or not!