Tuesday 17 July 2007

Come change the world!

On the weekend we had the Southern Territory's Candidates weekend - my first. What a great weekend of being with like-minded disciples of our amazing Saviour!

I had a few great deep talks with a few good mates and had to stop at 2am when we lost all logic and theology, but all the same, I had the chance to get some things going around in my head out to bounce of someone else - something I don't get to do often.

My main message for the weekend from God was to die to self - I need to have less of me and much more of Him! The theme was - give up our small ambitions and come change the world, based on Mark 8:34-35. A couple of people stated that that's a bit arrogant, but really that's what God asks of us - nothing less, He empowers, and we go.

Major Marney Turner said early on, we say 'SHOW', God says 'GO', we say 'NO', and God says 'GO'! How true is that!

We have some great leaders in Major's Marney and Len Turner - please pray for them, really beautiful people of God that are tireless in their work and are great people of God!

Let's give up our self centredness and let God have all the glory - He deserves it - we don't!!!!

To God be the glory,
Great thing He has done!!

1 comment:

Brian's Blog said...

Psalm 91:1-2
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (KJV)

Blessings!!!