Monday 2 July 2007

Rwanda mission trip


Hi all - I have some news I'd like to share.
I blogged a little while ago about going to 'the ends of the earth' on a mission trip to Africa - well, I got my call last Friday that I have been accepted on a mission trip to Rwanda in January!
I think it was just over a year ago now that God first told me that I was going to go 'to the ends of the earth' to serve Him and tell the world about His Son.
There's still a long way to go in getting ready and I'd appreciate knowing that some people were praying so that His will be done and that many would come to know Jesus through this trip and as a repercussion of it.
I'm excited and not sure if I'm nervous yet, but I know everything is in God's hands and that He will be with the team and all we do!
I'm in His hands,
I'm in His hands,
Whate'r the future holds I'm in His hands
The days I cannot see
Have all been planned for me
His way is best you see,
I'm in His hands
To God be the glory!

5 comments:

Brian's Blog said...

Good news!

Blessings!!

I heard that Sunday was good. (Stobbes)

Prophetic Warrior said...

May the Lord's anointing be on your service.

living4today said...

i will definitely be praying for you! that is amazing news! yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy! lol.
God is going to use you to bring countless people to him and kick some major devil butt! lol.
just the fact that you're going over there will show people both there AND here how great God is.
have a great time and God bless.
alana;P
ps. thanks for the heads up about the armour of God, amazing stuff!

Pete Brookshaw said...

Hey, sounds great Simon!

I pray the Lord Jesus sets heaps of people free!

With Holy Discontent said...

Simon, that is great news. I guess you will currently be torn between being apprehensively trusting, and effervescently excited.

Good on ya mate. Will be thinking and praying for you.

Brett.