Sunday 29 July 2007

The vine


It's been a week of many thoughts, and no time to blog them in!!


One of my readings this week was on John 15 and I thought it was something that made me really think.


In summary of the passage, verse 5 it says "I AM the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing"


How much fruit are we producing? How devoted are we to being a part of the vine? I think they go hand in hand... I know a few people that are producing good fruit, but it made me look closer at myself!!
How are you connected to the vine? Is it by spending genuine time with Jesus in prayer. Is it by studying the word of God and finding a really good devotional book? Is it by living and using your Spiritual gifts? How is it - please let me know your thoughts on how you're 'connected to the vine'?

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

John 15:7-8

No comments: