Monday 6 August 2007

Do you look right? Are you right??


I've been playing in a basketball team on Monday nights, first time in a long time. I've got all the right equipment, I've got the rip off pants, great basketball shoes - nice and white, the warm up top, the basketball to play with and a really nice bag to carry all my equipment in.

Once I get on the court, I can't play, I'm unfit at the moment - I don't do any training during the week and I'm not really a natural athlete anyway!! If you saw me before the game, you might be fooled into thinking I'm a good player (maybe!?) because I'm 6 foot 4 and have been told that it can be intimidating - but looks can be deceiving!!

How many people are like this in the church? We wear the right clothes, look alright on 'game day', but don't do any 'training' during the week.

Any how, even though I can't play basketball very well, I'm helping out for the outreach side of James' ministry. We're still waiting for our first win, and I pray that I get more of the white line fever in my life with God!!

2 comments:

Brian's Blog said...

Slam-dunk for JESUS!!!

james said...

hahaha good post simon!

lets step up our evangelism efforts now though. What do u rekon?