Monday 20 August 2007

What now!!

What a couple of weeks it's been financially with my car!

Two weeks ago I had to spend nearly $2000 on everything to do with my radiator, like the water pump, pipes, thermostat etc and the next day (after 4 working days in the garage) once I got it back there was more green coolant leaking! So where had all that money gone and towards what?

Anyway, I finally had a day off to take it back to ask what was going on and I get a phone call back saying now my radiator is cracked, which for my car will be around $1000 to replace!!! How can this be? I just paid them 2 grand to fix this problem in the first place, now they want to charge me more, $3000 total - how can I afford this? I'm trying to save for my trip to Rwanda!!

At first God told me to trust Him, and so I was coping with that even though that was most of the money I had saved for my trip to Rwanda, but now after this it's cost me basically the whole trip.

I think I'm feeling a bit (maybe very) depressed right now. Where to from here, do I really need to trust Him more in everything or is God telling me He doesn't want me going to Rwanda after all- which is the correct message?

I was just praying and God gave me Philippians 3:11-13, it says

"so that one way or another I will experience the resurrection from the dead! I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing; Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead"
That means a few things to me, (slightly out of context from the passage - but by itself it is a message to me). Firstly, I need to keep striving for Holiness, secondly, don't worry about this speed hump, but keep looking forward to what He will use me for in Africa and then finally an answer to prayer... resurrection from the dead! It's something I've been praying for years about to witness, especially what I've envisioned in Africa, God doing amazing miracles through me like healings and even raising the dead!
It's funny by just reading those 3 verses how it ties together everything for this trip for me - keep looking ahead and strive for Holiness and God will get the glory!
Hallelujah!

4 comments:

james said...

hallelujah

Gods word is a lamp to our feet

Anonymous said...

when we are going to make a big impact the spiritual realm goes to battle. Remember God is more powerful than the kingdom of darkness.

Keep faith and look for the blessing that will come at the end when you look back and see the obstacles that you have overcome to do the will of God

Bless you richly

Anonymous said...

Brother, you don't need to strive for holiness. God's word says you are already made holy and blameless in his sight (Colossians 1:22). Live in the Lord's grace daily and all else will flow out of your heart, including holiness! You are loved by Him so much. You have a pure heart and He adores that. Bless ya!

Simon Mapleback said...

Hi anon 2,

1 Thessalonians 4:3a & 7 says "It is Gods will that you should be sanctified.. For God did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life"

This passage tells me that God actually doesn't just want us to be holy, but completely holy - sanctified! Any impurities in our life are unacceptable, besides, I want to be holy. Once you have a taste of it, you want more. I don't want to go back and live in sin, it makes me feel 'dirty'.

"But just as He who calls you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: 'Be holy as I am holy'" 1 Peter 1:15-16