Monday 22 October 2007

Lt. Colonel Brian & Elaine Hood

I would just like to take this time to point out a couple of very special people to me.

The past few years, my Corps @ Glenroy, have been without Officers and has been a difficult and trying time, but this year a couple of very, very busy Godly people from Territorial Headquarters gave up 33 Sundays to nurture a struggling part of the Body of Christ!

Lt. Colonel's Brian & Elaine Hood have been such a blessing to us this year and will never really understand the amount of blessing they have brought me (& the Glenroy Corps). They offered to lead our Sunday morning meetings, which is amazing for the work load & responsibilities these two had. It shows us all how much more we can actually achieve - if we want to!!

These two people are all that 'Christians' should aspire to be, such generous, encouraging, humble, Godly people that have just brought such a light into an area where the light was starting to dwindle. These guy's are a great model of Jesus that we should aim to achieve.

Unfortunately the Southern Territory are loosing the Hoods at the end of 2007, they are going back to Queensland as Corps officers for the next part of their journey. Blessings to you Eastern Territory!!

I'd just like to publicly say that I thank God for your service, your encouragement and your leadership and we will miss you so much!

Now that we are loosing such great people, who will take their place? Who will take a stand and rise up and stand for Jesus, as Brian & Elaine have? You can't make a stand while your sitting in the seat of a spectator! Be a participator - become a saint, change the world in Jesus Name!

Other Officers will do their 'work', but no one will take their place!

Thank you Brian & Elaine!! God bless you both!

"I thank my God every time I remember you"

Philippians 1:3

1 comment:

Darren Lamotte said...

Great words these people are definitely absolute quality and will be missed when they 'return' to Queensland.
I continue to be challenged by your blog and enjoy reading it. I pray for you regularly and look forward to the next chance we get to catch up.
God Bless
Darren L