Wednesday 17 October 2007

Old Testament Salvation?


Even though I'm tired and my brain isn't functioning at 100%, or even close, I thought I'd throw out this question.

It says;

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

in John 14:6 and that is the way to salvation.

So all the people in history that lived before the point of Jesus, no matter how good and holy they were, did they get to the Father? I'm sure I've heard an answer to this a long time ago, but could someone refresh my memory.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Simon

In old testament times instead of people praying directly to Jesus they had to go through their priest. Remember about the Holy of Hollies Covenant of the Ark etc.

At the time of Jesus death an angle or angles tore the curtain that protected the holy of hollies from top to bottom as a symbolic action that through the death of Jesus people could now go directly to Jesus there was no barrier between people and God...

Hope this helps.