Wednesday 17 September 2008

Spiritual Attacks

Has it just been me, or have the spiritual attacks been stepping up?

The past few weeks, God has really been looking after me with attacks coming from all angles, even from close friends being used by the enemy. Close friends effecting other friendships that mean a lot to me, attacks at work - big attacks, attacks within teams at church, all over the place.

God continually reminds me to repent daily, wash myself in His blood, and protect myself with the armor of Salvation - this is a daily thing, not just a thing when you get attacked or every few months when ever you feel you need to get yourself right with God - DAILY! It's a great feeling, first thing in the morning getting right with God - it always, OK, mostly gets me in a right place before God to face the day.

Today I was a bit down, mostly because I've been cut off from a friend presently, but I couldn't get into a right place spiritually. A few weeks ago, I actually forced myself to ask God for something that felt selfish, the gift of tongues - and received it! This is the best spiritual gift for strengthening yourself with God - I love it! Today this gift helped me and strenghten me - God is great!

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms
Ephesians 6:11-12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.