Friday 11 April 2008

False gods

1 Corinthians 8:7-13

Dear Father, the one real and only God,

Many do not understand that all reality is rooted in you, so they chase the "gods" of this world, the "idols" which they worship -money, fame, glamor, power, security - and in some cases real idols and the real demons who are behind those idols.

Many brothers and sisters in Christ have recently been freed from bondage to a culture that worships these false gods, and due to their weak consciences they can easily be drawn back. Keep me from pursuing the things they were in the habit of pursuing, lest they think I am serving their old "gods" and that it is okay for them to violate their consciences and return to former practices. Don't let my "knowledge" destroy someone who is weak. May I be willing to fore go any right or privilege rather than cause a brother or sister to fall.

In the name of Jesus and by his authority I ask these things according to his will. Amen.

No comments: