Wednesday 16 April 2008

Prayer

Wow, it's been getting a bit quiet on the blogosphere from what I've noticed the past few days!

My church participated in the 24/7 prayer on Friday/Saturday which the Salvation Army is doing in Australia since the 24/7 2007, where someone is always praying.

We only did it for 24 hours where mostly it is being done for a week at a time by different Corps/churches. I ended up co-ordinating it and in doing so, ended up being there for around 16 hours of the 24, but I can't complain, it was an amazing time in God's presence.

My highlight was definitely the night shift, we only had the lights on from the cross on the wall and small candles around the worship hall, with some quiet background music - amazing!! I was there with one other member of the youth for most of the night, but we didn't even talk, we just 'were' with God!

We had a similar prayer day last year, but a lot less 'pressured' where we didn't have to have someone on every hour, even though 2 of us stayed and fasted for the whole 24 hours - these are the highlights of my year - nothing else even comes close in our church - spending time with God - no distractions!

If you haven't participated in a prayer day or if you are in the Salvation Army and haven't yet participated - I highly recommend participating!

"The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."
James 5:16b

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was the best time I have ever spent in prayer. It was great and having it all there on Sunday was good too. And all the people who came through was just amazing. GAPS was the best and having other people there was sure fun. It'd be nice if they showed up tomorrow too :)