Friday 4 July 2008

Promotion

When I finally become an Officer of the Salvation Army, I'm sure I'll receive a few 'promotions'.

Firstly commissioned as a Lieutenant, then after a few years 'promoted' to Captain, possibly eventually a 'promotion' to Major and so on. Who knows where I'll end up; rank and continent.

Who cares really!

The main thing is - I don't want to even think about retirement until I'm 'promoted' to glory! There's too much work still to be done for the Kingdom. The Bible never talks about retirement, but the great men and women of God keep going until they're called Home, let's join their ranks!

'The last enemy to be destroyed is death.'
1 Corinthians 15:26

1 comment:

Marney Turner said...

Simon You have it so right!

I am a Major , and I do not give one thought to retirement.When I hear others in my age bracket saying they cannot wait until they retire ," I think to myself :I wish I had a 1.000 lives to dedicate to JESUS & His transforming GOSPEL."
Keep that perspective , do not let the enemy ever rob you of always doing GOD'S PERFECT WILL in your life.


Major Marney Turner