Saturday 26 July 2008

The Trinity

The past few days, I've had a few discussions based around the Trinity.

My brother was having a discussion with some guys at his college and some people have the view that you should come and follow their 'god' because it is simple and easy to understand. It's easier to follow their 'gods' teaching and you don't have to put a lot of effort in to follow him/it/she.

My God is not simple, I agree, do I want Him to be - no. My God created the universe, that's not simple! My God loves everyone - that's not simple. My God paid the price for everyone's entry into Heaven - that's not easy either, but He did it all.

Many people cannot understand the concept of the Trinity, it's not simple! At the same time I don't want to follow a god that is simple because of 2 main reasons, 1- either it's the easy way to follow something or 2 -that he's man made.

The God that I follow is bigger than I will ever comprehend while I am on this earth - that's why I follow the God that didn't just sit on some throne in Heaven and look at us from a distance, but actually sent a part of Himself down, placed Himself in our shoes (or sandals) and walked our walk and learnt how it actually is to live the life He gave us - then loved us so much paid our way to be able to live with Him once the 'test' or our life is over.

This life is for us to decide what we will do with our eternity - what's your decision? Make it now or you will have it decided for you and you may not like it.

"But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life."
Jude 1:20-22

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! If you know everything about your "god", then your "god" is too small. The differnce between the true God of this world is that He speaks to us, idols dont.