Tuesday 20 November 2007

Empowerment through the Holy Spirit - say no to Satan!


I will be responsive to the Holy Spirit’s work and obedient to His leading in my life, growing in grace through worship, prayer, service and the reading of the Bible.

This is the first part of a soldiers covenant that we agree to uphold when signing our lives to serve God in the Salvation Army.

I was just watching a show which involved psychics to solve crimes, people are attracted to this, it is attractive - why?!

I believe people think it is something that makes you different - it gives you a supernatural power and people notice you if you are psychic.
This is something I don't like to talk about often, but I was once psychic, I was a medium!

I was once attracted to this when I was younger and basically wanted to have this special ability - I thought it would be cool and I would stand out of the crowd and I would become the centre of attention - somehow I started to develop the ability!
I didn't realise at the time, but I said yes to Satan!

It wasn't relaxing or as glamorous as it is made out to be. I couldn't rest, my heart was becoming strained - if I didn't pass on a 'message' from the 'dead person' they would make my heart strain Anytime during the night 'they' would wake you and keep bugging you. It freaked out all my work mates and it was always negative or scary stuff.

It came to the point I had to do something. One of my mates, Pete (see blog roll) prayed with me and discerned that it was demonic and we prayed through it for many hours until I was free from it - I was then baptised into the Holy Spirit which I then developed the Spiritual gift of Spiritual Discernment and it became very obvious to me that what I 'saw' as 'dead people' were really demons deceiving me through a demon oppressing me.

Always remember this... Satan's biggest lie - he doesn't exist!!
If Satan exists, God exists - so he and all his fallen angels pretend to be something else that diverts our attention from God!!
What do we want to see?... our dead relatives to say that one last goodbye we didn't get.... we need to learn to use every minute we have in the hear and now!!

So, back to the first statement - we as Soldiers need to be responsive to the Holy Spirit's work!! If we are, we find we get word's of prophecy - that is a million times better than a word of a psychic!!!!!!! We find we can receive the gift of Discernment of the spirits - a helpful gift - Satan can appear as an angel of light!!! Hence - psychics are evil, they are empowered by demons... they might be nice people, but read 2 Corinthians 11:14 which says;

"And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light."

Let the Holy Spirit reign freely in your life for the glory of God!! Why go through the demons when you can go through God!! Do you want to follow the 'real thing' or an imitation?!

Psychics (demons) or God (Holy Spirit)??
Jesus or Hell??

Work on Holiness, it is quite obviously the answer to everything!! (Thanks Stephen!!) You won't find any psychics with the baptism of the Holy Spirit - wonder why?! We have the power of the Holy Spirit, so why don't we use it like psychics 'flaunt' their abilities?? Satan is much pushier I suppose, God leaves it up to us, so let's step it up Soldiers of Holiness!!

Praise God, be responsive to the Holy Spirit, 'preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season' (2 Timothy 4:2), bring all the glory to God He deserves!! Praise you Jesus, the Name above every name!!

"Follow the way of love and eagerly desire spiritual gifts, especially the gift of prophecy"
1 Corinthians 14:1
"For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy"
Revelation 19:10 d