Tuesday 13 November 2007

Renewal

I've been going through one of those dark times the past few days - coming off a high from being empowered for my trip to Rwanda etc, then as I expected, the enemy tired to bring me down.

Tonight we had our Songsters and Band practices, nothing particularly special, but I walked away tonight praising God in my spirit, and feeling so much freedom, and that the effects of the enemy had no footing on me.

I think about the times the disciples were beaten and thrown into gaol, etc, they just praised God through it all and they always found themselves close to God, and God drew closer to them also.

When you find yourself in a situation or a place you're not comfortable with - just remember to praise God - you'll find yourself "soar(ing) on wings like eagles" (Isiah 40:31). Try it out!

To God be the glory! Hallelujah!

"Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.
Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each generation."
Psalm 100

No comments: