Friday 16 November 2007

Pray it through!!


I'm a fan of Smith Wigglesworth, for those of you who know who he is. One of my daily devotionals is by him. I was about to go to bed ('cos it's getting late!) but I felt I had to write this blog for someone who was about to read it!

Here's some of the text from the past few days from Smith Wigglesworth - I'll entitle this selection - 'Pray it through';

"I was called at 10 o'clock one night to pray for a young person who was dying of tuberculosis and whom the doctor had given up on. As I looked, I saw that unless God intervened, it would be impossible for her to live...

...Then the fight came. It seemed as though the heavens were brass. I prayed from 11pm to 3:30am. I saw the glimmering light on the face of the sufferer and saw her pass away. The Devil said ' Now you are done for. You have come from Bradford and the girl has died on your hands'.
I said 'It can't be....This is a time to change strength'. I remembered the passage that said 'Men always ought to pray and not loose heart' (Luke 18:1) Death had taken place, but I knew that my God as all-powerful and that He who had split the Red Sea is just the same today. It was a time when I would not accept 'No', and God said 'Yes'

I looked at the window, and at that moment, the face of Jesus appeared. It seemed as though a million rays of light were coming from His face. As He looked at the one who had just passed away, the color came back to her face. She rolled over and fell asleep."

Then today Smith added,

"We need to wake up and strive to believe God. Before God could bring me to this place, He broke me a thousand times. I have wept; I have groaned. I have travailed many a night until God broke me. We will never have the gifts of healing and the working of miracles in operation unless we stand believing God and 'having done all' (Eph 6:31), we still stand believing"

The main message I feel I need to say is; pray through the problem that is facing you!!
Be determined to keep praying until whatever is opposing you is gone, God is bigger and stronger - keep praying until it is destroyed or until your the problem is gone! If that means praying for 4 hours straight - DO IT!! If it means you don't eat for 12 hours and using that time to pray instead - DO IT!!

Pray it through - and give God the glory!

Hallelujah!

"By faith in the name of Jesus, this man whom you see and know was made strong. It is Jesus' name and the faith that comes through him that has given this complete healing to him, as you can all see."
Acts 3:15-17

1 comment:

Darren Lamotte said...

Great blog Simon. I had someone say to me once that the great army of God cant march until it has spent time kneeling in Prayer. When things get tough we and our faith need to be tougher !
As always you have made me think about my own situation and challenged me to keep striving forward.
God Bless Mate
Darren Lamotte