Thursday 21 February 2008

Mid Week Commissioning

Last night we had a mid week commissioning! How awesome is that! Another 4 Captains were added to the 29 from last year's session and I believe there are another 2 possibly this Sunday.

The hall at Thornbury was packed with easily over 100 people in attendance for this historical occassion. It was an encouraging night with many passionate Officers and Solders in attendance.

I was honoured to meet Captain Stephen Courts parents who were also attending, and I was also blown away when Mrs Court said that she is a regular reader of this blog, so I send out a big hello!! I didn't get a chance to say goodbye, so I'll take this opportunity to say 'goodbye' also and that it was an honour to meet you both!

The night finished with a great celebration over supper with great company, with an amazing network of great Salvationists. I wish we could have more mid week meetings like this, with a mirrored attendance also - why not make it a monthly thing and we can move it around from Corps to Corps to host it?! Something for the Territory/Division to think about.

God bless the newest 4 Captains and may he send you out to change the world in Jesus' Name.

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.""
Matthew 28:18-20

No comments: