Tuesday 3 June 2008

Holiness

Something I found in Henry Blackaby's book called "Holiness" p49-50;

It is much more serious for a leader to sin than for an average person, because they influence so many. when a leader sins, many times God does not hide it, but He announces it from the housetops. "So David said to Nathan, 'I have sinned against the Lord'. And Nathan said to David, 'The Lord also has put away your sin; you shall not die. However, because by this deed you have given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child also who is born to you shall surely die' [David, your sin gave an occasion for all of My enemies to blaspheme My Name]" (2 Sam. 12:13-14)

When I read that, I wept and wept, "Oh, God, I love You with all of my heart."

But God would say, "Then deal with sin, because there are enemies of Mine who are just waiting to find some of my children who are going to sin. And when they see you sin, or a church sin, it is going to give them great occasion to blaspheme My Name"

I replied, "Oh, Lord, I did not know it was that serious."

"I know you did not" He answered "or you wouldn't keep on sinning the way you do"

Something for us to think about today!!

1 comment:

Heart to God, Hand to Man said...

Thanks for this... while reading the Lord brought to mind a sin from the past.. although forgiven these words pointed out why the sin was more significant because of our positions. 1 Tim 3:2&7 "A bishop must be blameless..... Moreover he must have a good testimony among those who are outside, lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil" (read the middle too..challenging). Bless ya, Penny